Our primary reasons for existing in the first place are summarised in our mission statement:
We are a not-for-profit Community Interest Company. We believe cycling is ideal urban transport as well as being affordable, accessible, healthy, sustainable and fun.
Our primary goals are to:
- Encourage and support more people to ride more bikes more often.
- Utilise bikes and cycling as tools for education, enablement and engagement across the whole community, with a particular focus on the disadvantaged.
We achieve this by:
- Providing a fully inclusive workshop environment with expert supervision.
- Saving functional bicycles and reusable parts from recycling and landfill and offer them for resale and reuse at reasonable prices.
- Encouraging self-reliance and skill-sharing through provision of bike maintenance classes and workshop sessions.
- Delivering a wide range of projects and training opportunities for individuals, groups and organisations, with a particular focus on those experiencing disadvantage.
- Keeping bikes on the road by carrying out repairs both at the workshop and in the community.
- Acting as a community resource and provider for all cycle-related activities.
We’ve come a long way in a short space of time but have no intention of resting on our laurels.
We now have five expert members of staff , a growing team of dedicated volunteers and a highly professional board of Directors.
We work with an expanding number of partners across the city and County and see these relationships as key to everything we do. We are constantly seeking at ways we can expand and improve the services we provide to the community.
More people using bikes for everyday transport fewer bikes in landfill, better physical and mental health, and a real sense of community.
Together we can do our little bit to make the world a better place to live for everybody.