Nottingham Bikeworks is a not-for-profit community interest company focused on recycling bikes, knowledge sharing and community support. Based in the heart of Nottingham city, we believe bikes are an affordable, healthy and sustainable way to travel. We believe in everyone having access to cycling and being able to learn the skills to look after their own bikes.
We aim to:
- Provide encouragement and support to ensure more people experience the health and wellbeing, and functional benefits of cycling throughout our community.
- Educate, engage and enable groups and individuals from a diverse range of backgrounds through educational courses, bike sales, repairs, workshops and events for cyclists of all abilities.
We achieve this by:
- Providing a fully-inclusive community workshop space with expert supervision.
- Recycling and refurbishing functional bicycles and reusable parts to offer for resale and use in our projects.
- Encouraging self-reliance and skill-sharing through provision of bike maintenance classes and workshop sessions.
- Delivering a wide range of projects and training opportunities for individuals, groups and organisations.
- Keeping bikes on the road by carrying out repairs at the workshop and through community events.
- Acting as a community resource and provider for all cycle-related activities.
Our small and dedicated team of staff and volunteers is always working hard to support our community.
Building strong relationships with our partners, service users and supporters is key to achieving our aims, and we work with an expanding number of interested parties across Nottingham and Nottinghamshire. We are constantly exploring ways to deliver benefits to our community and make the world a better place.