Service & Repairs
Nottingham Bikeworks is happy to carry out all servicing and repair work on your bike, from a gear tune-up to a full strip-down and overhaul.
Our mechanics Tom and Steph, pictured right, are all experienced, friendly and fully qualified with a minimum of City and Guilds Level 2 and/or Cytech Level 2. We mind about our customers and want you to come back to us again and again. We take pride in delivering consistently high standards of work and will never overcharge you for unnecessary and expensive work. And if there is a problem with our service just talk to us and we’ll do all we can to set things right.
If you’re unsure what work your bike needs we’re always glad to take a look and give you a free, no obligation estimate.
Often the best bet and value-for money is to go for one of our 3 levels of standardised service:
Safety Check – £15.00
Think of this a bit like giving your bike a quick health MOT. Just the ticket if your bike’s been stuck in the shed for months, or if you’ve bought a second hand bike you’re not sure about or simply for peace of mind. Our fully qualified mechanics will systematically check your bike over including frame, brakes, gears and tyres. If we think your bike deserves or needs a bit more work then we’ll present you with a detailed checklist so that you can decide what to do next. If you do decide to go ahead with a standard or deluxe service with us we’ll not charge you a penny for the safety check-up.
Regular Service – £45.00
- Full safety check-up as above
- Thorough visual check of frame and parts for damage or wear
- Check security of bolts and fixings and correct torque where appropriate
- Drive train inspection including bottom bracket, crankset, chain and sprockets
- Minor Wheel truing (without wheel removal)
- Correct tyre inflation pressure and seating
- Tune-up and service of braking system including cable replacement where necessary
- Tune- up and service of gear systeem including cable replacement where necessary
- Replacement of brake blocks (on standard rim brakes)
Prices do not include parts and fitting of these will also incur extra labour charges except cables and brake blocks as above.
Deluxe Service – £95.00
- This is the full Monty, the whole hog, with nothing left to chance.
- If you’re a regular cyclist, out in all weathers we’d advise you treat your bike to a de-luxe at least once a year to avoid costly and inconvenient failures on the road. Pamper your steed and like a good horse it’ll never let you down come hell or high water
- We’ll strip your bike right down to its component parts, clean every bit using our environmentally-friendly ‘SmartWasher’. Then we’ll put the whole thing lovingly back together again, road test it and hand it back to you in a pristine condition.
- All serviceable bearings (headset/ hubs/ bottom bracket) will be fully serviced and re-greased.
Prices do not include parts but there is no extra labour charge for fitting with the exception of hydraulic brakes/ suspension.
For those of you looking for a specific service or repair then we offer a whole smorgasbord on offer: Prices again do not include parts:
- Hub Service £15.00
- Wheel truing – £10.00
- Spoke replacement plus truing – £15.00 front; £20 rear.
- Wheel Build– Price dependent on individual requirements
- Fitting new inner tube and/or tyre including punctures – £5.00 (additional £5 for hub gears and drum brakes.
Gears and Drivetrain
- Tune gears– £8.00 front or rear; £12 for both
- Straighten rear derailleur hanger £15.00
- Replacing gear shifters – £15.00 each
- Replacing derailleurs – £15.00 each
- Fitting new gear cable plus adjust – £10.00 each
- Fitting new chain- £8.00
- Fitting new cassette/freewheel – £5.00
- Fitting new crankset – £15.00
- Bottom bracket service/replacement – £20.00 (in most cases)
- Tune and/or fit new pads– £8.00 front or rear, £12 pair
- Replacing non-disc callipers – £10.00 each
- Replacing non-disc levers- £15.00 each
- Fitting new brake cable plus adjust – £10.00 each
- Replacing disc callipers/rotor- £15.00 (bleeding or hose alteration additional cost)
- Replacing disc levers- £15.00 (bleeding or hose alteration additional cost)
- Bleeding hydraulic brakes – £20 for one; £35 for pair
- Fitting new disc pads – £10.00 per pair
- Headset service or replacement – £20.00
- Fitting general accessories – £5.00
- Fitting full mudguards – £15.00
- Fitting rear rack or front basket – £10
- Fitting handlebar grips – £5.00
- New handlebar tape – £10.00
- Cleaning bike – £10.00 (Bucket wash)
- Drivetrain clean – £20.00 (on bike using Smartwasher Parts Cleaning System)