We are a not-for-profit Community Interest Company
We do loads of bikey stuff with the aim of getting people to ride bikes more often and learn how to look after them too
We also use bikes as a way of engaging, educating and enriching the whole community
WHAT WE DO
at Nottingham Bikeworks
Whether you’re a group or an individual, a school, business or some other organisation, we offer a wide range of learning possibilities from ‘fix-a-flat’ workshops to a full City and Guilds professional qualification and everything in between.
- Fantastic selection of refurbished, serviced and guaranteed used bikes for sale
- Professional repair and service workshop where you can get your own bike serviced and repaired by our qualified mechanics
- Comprehensive range of good value parts and spares both new and used
We run all sorts of community bike projects such as: Build-a-Bike courses for refugees, schools and Jobseekers; ‘Better By Bike’ for people with mental health difficulties; and our popular BMX Scraper bike for younger people; plus our Open Workshop sessions that anybody can access.
- Dr Bike mobile mechanic service for events and workplaces
- Crazy bikes and chariots to liven up any occasion
- Bike mechanic classes at your place rather than ours.
- Cycle training activities for groups and individuals
A mobile bike mechanic service can be hired to come to your workplace or external events. We can supply 1,2 or even 3 full qualified and insured mechanics who will come with a e-bike powered mobile workshop. Call us if you’d like to know more.
Unwanted bikes rehomed
Bike maintenance course graduates
Customer biked repaired
Dr Bike checks
Want to build a bike and learn how to fix it?
We are working with Nottingham City Council and Sustrans to offer FREE Build-a-Bike and Bike maintenance courses for Jobseekers.
Contact Charlotte on 07825285122 for more info and to book!
Open Workshop – coming soon!
Every first Saturday in the month is Open Workshop day when for a small charge you can access our workshop space, a workstand and full range of tools to fix up your own bike.
We also stock a massive range of new and used parts.
Partners and Funders
Tuesday: 9am – 5pm
Wednesday: 9am – 5pm
Thursday: 9am – 5pm
Friday: 9am – 5pm
Saturday: 10am – 5pm
Units 1-3 Ayr Street Workshops,
1 Ayr Street,